From the April/May 2018 issue
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 pound Italian sausage (see note below)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6-8 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 1 medium cabbage)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage and cook, crumbling up with a wooden utensil, until cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion and cabbage a few handfuls at a time. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and smoked paprika. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage back into the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve garnished with parsley.