From the April/May 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 medium-large sweet potato
- 1/2 TBSP oil
- 1 large avocado, smashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 Lb. smoked salmon
- 2 TBSP capers
- 1/4 Cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends off the sweet potato. Slice sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Drizzle with avocado oil to coat. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until golden brown on the edges and cooked through. Let cool.
- Assemble the sweet potato toasts. Evenly distribute smashed avocado among toasts. Then layer with sliced tomato, sliced red onion, smoked salmon, capers, and goat cheese if using.