- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Diced avocado & chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5–7 minutes or until meat is fully cooked and onion has softened.
- Turn heat to high and add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken broth and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 45–60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Serve bowls of chili topped with avocado and cilantro.