For the salad:
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium celery stalks, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried currants
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP tahini (sesame seed butter) or cashew butter
- 2–3 TBSP maple syrup or honey
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, broccoli, carrots, celery and currants.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, tahini, maple syrup, olive oil, ginger, garlic and lemon zest until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Let the salad stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.