From the June/July 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- 1 LB New York strip steaks (or cut of choice), salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP ghee
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Liberally coat steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks on indirect heat for 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- While the steak cooks, make the eggs. In a large non stick skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat, add ghee and let it get hot. Crack eggs into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until whites a set and yolk is cooked to your preference.
- Make the side salad. In a small bowl, mix together arugula, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper and mix to combine.
Assemble the plates. Divide steak, eggs, and salad into 4 plates and enjoy!