From the December/January 2019 issue
Prep time: 25 minutes
This simple yet flavorful hash is a wonderful way to get some healthy starches and protein. The combo of salty bacon, soft plantain and sweet potato, and fried eggs is delicious!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large green plantain, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 pastured eggs
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon. Cook and stir until the bacon fat is released.
- Add the sweet potato, plantain, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until sweet potato and plantain are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Carefully crack in the eggs and let cook until mostly whites are mostly cooked. Flip and cook until yolks are desired doneness.
- Serve the hash topped with fried eggs.