From the April/May 2016 issue
- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and shredded (about 10 cups shredded)
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Optional toppings: warm berries, applesauce, maple syrup, and/or almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Place the shredded sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add the eggs, coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Heat about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Drop packed 1/4-cupfuls of the mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to gently press down on the mounds and spread them out slightly.
- Cook for about 3 minutes per side or until brown and crisp.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to the wire rack on the baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Continue to cook pancakes until all of the mixture has been used, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve the pancakes with desired toppings. (Great with a side of bacon!)