From the December/January 2015 issue
Makes about 20
- 1-1/2 cups raw cashews or cashew pieces
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (packed) pitted Medjool dates
- Place the cashews in a dry skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring often, until golden brown and fragrant, 6–8 minutes.
- Transfer the hot cashews to a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Process until the nuts are finely ground, about 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and process until incorporated and the mixture holds together when pinched with your fingers.
- Roll into tightly packed 1-inch balls. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.