Makes about 15
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 TBSP honey
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean (split in half and scrape out the seeds)
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, honey, and seeds of the vanilla bean. Whisk vigorously until most clumps of seeds are broken
- Stir in the shredded coconut to combine thoroughly.
- Pack a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon with batter. Release it onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. (If it crumbles out of shape, form the batter into a tightly packed ball with your hands.) Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
(Macaroons are best enjoyed within 1 day.)