- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease two 6-cavity doughnut pans* with nonstick cooking spray or brush with melted coconut oil.
- Whisk the almond flour. baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir to combine. You can use a wooden spoon or handheld mixer.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans, filling each cavity about one-half full. (You can use a piping bag and large plain pastry tip.) Lightly tap the pans on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake the doughtnuts until they are golden brown and spring back to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool in the pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto the rack to cool completely.
Doughnuts are best enjoyed the day they are baked. Freeze cooled leftovers in a freezer bag for up to 1 month.
*If you only own one doughnut pan, no problem! Bake six doughnuts. Allow them to cool in the pan as directed, then turn them out onto the rack. Wipe out the pan and grease it again. Repeat using the remaining batter.