This warm sausage and green bean salad is great as a main or side dish. The fat rendered from the sausages is hearty and perfect for flavoring vegetables.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 6 sweet Italian pork sausages
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausages until heated through and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- To the same pan, add the green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Slice the sausages into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Add to the green beans and shallots, stir to combine. Serve!