From February/March 2016 issue
For the salad:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium Gala or Pink Lady apple, cored and chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, and salt in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread out on the baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, kale, and cabbage to combine.
- For an arranged salad:
- Place the greens on a large platter.
- Arrange the roasted sweet potatoes, eggs, bacon, and apple on top of the greens in rows. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together and serve with the salad.
For a tossed salad:
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes, eggs, bacon, and apple to the bowl with the greens.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
- Add enough dressing to coat the salad and toss to combine.
- Taste and add additional dressing if desired.