© Can Stock Photo / emeraldraindrops
Work With Us
Based in beautiful Bend, OR, Paleo Magazine is the leading print and digital publication dedicated to the Paleo and ancestral health community. This beautiful area is the perfect spot for any Paleo-minded individual. Central Oregon is known for it’s sunshine, amazing landscapes and endless options for outdoor activities. Multiple farmers markets with organic, sustainably-raised food, anchor the strong locavore movement you’ll find in the area. Bend has been ranked “America’s Top Adventure Town” by Men’s Journal, one of “the World’s Top 25 Ski Towns” by National Geographic, and the country’s “Dog-Friendliest Town” by Dog Fancy.
We periodically look for folks to join our team in the land of 300+ days of sunshine and whenever opportunities are available, we’ll post them here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are hiring a Social Media/Affiliate Manager!
This position is for 30 hrs/wk in our Bend, OR office.
The Social Media/Affiliate Manager’s primary responsibilities is for day-to-day execution of content in Paleo Magazine’s social media accounts and communication with our affiliate/ambassadors. This role articulates the voice of our brand on all our social media platforms and through all influencer relationships.
Success requires a mix of analytical, operational, and creative skills to drive our social media presence and build our affiliate/ambassador programs to drive subscriptions and be an integral part of Paleo Magazine’s growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Content Planning and Production
- Manage editorial calendars and day-to-day execution of content in Paleo Magazine’s social media accounts.
- Coordinate communications timelines, deliverables, and processes
- Curate content ideas based on current events, industry trends, cultural influences, key initiatives, events, PR, and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal team, contractors, and creative agency partners to create videos, images, photos, graphics, gifs, etc.
- Stay on top of digital/social trends, tools, and platform functionality
- Manage and contribute to development of affiliate marketing program
- Build relationships and manage social media influencers
- Manage subscriber ambassador program
- Proactively identify potential influencers across a variety of platforms and manage outreach
Social Media Management
- Schedule posts and maintain social presence across all channels
- Regularly monitor, respond, and engage with users on social posts
- Track and interact with media/influencers where applicable and elevate earned content
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Be knowledgeable of the Paleo diet/ancestral health and familiar with the Paleo community. Ideally personally follows a Paleo diet/lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in digital/social marketing.
- Direct experience with community management.
- Direct experience in working with marketing data and metrics gathering programs.
- Deep understanding of social media and digital channels, as well as their associated audiences and platform limitations.
- Experience developing and managing both paid and organic content.
- Well versed in creating varied content types including, but not limited to: short-form social posts, gifs, videos, and visual storytelling through graphics and photos.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- Inherent interest in cultural trends, curiosity about consumer behavior, and passion for high-quality, mold-breaking creative.
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinker with the ability to make progress in the face of ambiguity.
- Organized, efficient, and motivated self-starter.
- Mastery of Google Docs, Slides and Sheets.
Nice to have:
- Experience placing paid media across multiple platforms
- Experience with Adobe Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with Google Analytics & native social media measurement tools
- Experience with developing content in support of eCommerce
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Paleo Magazine in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (the Must Haves).
Calling all recipe developers/photographers. We are always looking for individuals to help create original recipes and take beautiful photographs of the prepared dishes. Submitted recipes, descriptions, text and images must be original and must pass online copyright checks. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the Paleo diet and utilize whole foods while avoiding added sugars. If you’re interested in contributing shoot an email, with links to previously published recipes/photos you’ve done, to email@example.com.
We are always looking for talented writers to contribute compelling content for use in our print magazine and various digital outlets. The ideal candidate loves the Paleo lifestyle, and can provide a fresh new spin and provide actionable information to our readers. Each article submitted must be original content.
If you’re interested in contributing shoot an email, with samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.