From the February/March 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 8 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 minutes
- 1 Lb boneless, skinless salmon, cut into large chunks
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 TSBP almond flour plus more for coating
- 1 1/2 TBSP coconut flour
- 3 TBSP za’atar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- for servings: lettuce leaves and sliced avocado
- In a food processor, add salmon and pulse until slightly broken down, about 15-20 seconds. Careful not to over pulse and have it turn into mush. Do it in a few batches if needed.
- Add pulsed salmon, whisked egg, garlic, almond flour, coconut flour, and za’atar to a large bowl. Mix to combine. Form into 4 equal size patties. Lightly coat eat patty with almond flour on each side.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and let it get hot, about 1 minute. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through and golden brown. Serve over top lettuce leaves with sliced avocado.