From the April/May 2017 issue
For the chicken:
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium limes, zested and juiced
- 1 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely grated
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into noodles using a spiralizer
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken in a large bowl or a resealable plastic bag.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lime zest and juice, cilantro, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour about half of the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Refrigerate the leftover sauce.
Meanwhile, make the salad:
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini noodles, tomatoes, olives, and onions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice with the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Taste and add additional lemon juice if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the extra sauce and the salad on the side.