This simple and delicious quiche is full of nutritious veggies. The low-carb coconut flour crust is flaky and buttery. This is a great supper or brunch dish!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP butter or coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup cashew milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the eggs and stir until combined. Press dough evenly into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10–15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and set. Remove from the oven to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, make the quiche. Melt the butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion, zucchini, thyme and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Sauté for 1–2 minutes or until the vegetable start to soften.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Spoon into the prepared crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and a dash of black pepper. Pour over the veggies in the crust. Bake 30 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center. If needed, cover the edge of the crust with foil part-way through baking to prevent it from getting too brown. Slice and serve.