From the August/September 2019 issue
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- 3 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 large eggs, whisked
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 TBSP fresh chives, chopped
*Optional, for topping: sliced avocado, chopped parsley, hot sauce
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, onion powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and another pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir once to combine, then let sit and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom sets.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese and chives evenly on top and place the skillet in the oven. Bake 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice, top with avocado, parsley, and hot sauce, if using, and serve.